Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Dear NameNotFound


I received this email today from a tech agency. Do you think maybe there could be something wrong with their mail merge skills?

"Dear Namenotfound: This is Deepak from Thinking-Minds, Inc. We are a consulting firm based at Kingstown, RI. Specializing in enterprise IT consulting and project staff augmentation for major Fortune 500 organizations and Big 3 consulting firms.

While scouting for a suitable resource, I came across your resume on web, which matched some of the requisite skills of the requirement. The details of the positions are as follows. Position : UNIX System Administrator located in Chicago, IL."

I'm registered on Dice, ComputerJobs, ComputerWork, Career Builder and several other sites that list tech jobs. I try to make it very clear in my listings that I am looking for local contracts in the evenings and weekends to build Microsoft networks with Small Business Server.

I also have my own website with my online resume that spells it out fairly clearly. I have a full-time job that I love, mainly because I get to work from home most of the time. Obviously these headhunters don't do much research or they would know that I'm in California, not Illinois.

Maybe Deepak needs to get a better Thinking Mind.

No comments: