Friday, November 2, 2007

Ziggs, Xing, Nayms, Ryze and ZoomInfo

Have you ever heard of these networking sites: Ziggs, Xing, Nayms, Ryze, Konnects or ZoomInfo? Except for ZoomInfo I hadn't either until recently but I joined them all today. I have been pushing my freelance consulting business and decided to do some online networking. I'm already a member of Linkedin, Technorati, Dice and a few other social networking sites, but I'm trying to focus the ones that are geared towards professionals and not teenagers - like MySpace or FaceBook.

It would be nice if there were some way to upload the information once to each of these sites but they all have their own interface. The best I can do is copy and paste from one to the other. I liked the automatic bio creator on Ziggs. You fill in a few pertinent pieces of information and does the rest. The result is a professional looking bio with career history, your educational background and a family or personal summary. I've always wanted something like that.

What do you think? Are online networking sites replacing traditional social networks?

Update: I also joined ecademy, but discovered that everyone who wanted to connect with me was in England. The same goes for Xing - everyone there seems to be in Germany.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this article, I agree they are all good platforms!